You can have a free NHS checkup here, and NHS help with paying for specs or contacts, if:
- You’re under 16, or under 19 and in full-time education
- You have very powerful specs or contacts – we can tell you whether they are that strong
- You get Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- You get Income Support
- You get Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (not Contribution-based)
- You get Employment and Support Allowance that is Income-based (not Contribution-based)
- You are entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- You are named on a valid NHS certificate for help with health costs (HC2 and maybe HC3) or
- You’re a prisoner on leave from prison.
You can also have a free NHS checkup here if:
- You’re 60 or over
- You have diabetes
- You have glaucoma or a medical eye-doctor said you are especially at risk of it
- You have a parent, child, brother or sister with glaucoma, if you are over 40, or
- You’re Registered Vision-Impaired.